Saturday, January 13, 2007

this new google blogger shit is driving me insane.

anyway...school starts back up tuesday so i've got a lot to do still to prep for the classes i teach...and much to do in so many areas...

the study abroad crap is getting there. most of my annoyance is in the amount of work i've had to do on the passport/visa/travel stuff while i was supposed to only be working on the academic side of things. i've realized that my time with wimse is coming to a close, as sad as that may seem. this is it. this is my last semester there as a grad assistant. i have a new boss that starts tuesday, i have to, have to, have to finish no later than august. i want to finish no later than august -- that's the more important part. i'll miss it, no doubt. but it's time to move on. what will they do without me is the question so many ask. i don't know. but i can't believe -- or let myself believe -- that on soooooo many of my job duties someone else couldn't do it. maybe the next person won't have my personality or my same reasons for wanting wimse to grow, change, etc with the times. but it's easy to get yourself in a lull where you are no longer effective, no longer able to see beyond just the day to day demands of the job.

do i think i've made a difference? yeah, i do. but there are so many other things i feel i need to do for me and for others in this life. it's time for me to go. yeah, i can point fingers and make a stand and say "i'm leaving because they are users" or "i'm leaving because they don't value my opinion even though i'm the only one in housings that's in the real trenches of wimse." but really? just as my students move on and graduate...so must i. so must i. and housing doesn't care if i move on...the university doesn't care...but i must and i do care.

it's time for that next step. as scary as hell as that is. it's time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah...they hired a new piper. only she's like 25 without much experience. they suddenly did a hiring spree and brought in all these (4) candidates and i never met one of them during the interview process. the new person starts tomorrow i think. who knows? but she'll also be in charge of the new LLC that'll be in og -- the medical one. only it's for all related majors related to med...from pre-med to phys ed...

all i have to say is...the new piper better leave me the fuck alone -- there's no way that i'm going to wait for "orders" -- i'm just going to keep doing what i do and that's that. with the exception of throwing a lot of crap that i've been doing because piper left into the lap of the newbie. ;)