Saturday, May 11, 2002

song two

end of july

by sarge
------------------

drove the nine hours home at the end of july to find your face gone sheets gone bare walls white

and i guess that i understand this that you had to leave but this is nothing like what you promised me

see i don't wanna know what you did the months i was away can't see another sunrise drunk in milwaukee or have any more ash on my arms to explain

took off all of my clothes and wondered the rooms tried to remember every crack in the paint instead of remembering you

i took a shower and found your soap scrubbed you off for hours then gave up hope

but at the end of july all my plans changed 'cause baby i thought a few months apart might keep us together

but at the end of july all my plans changed and i've never been good at distant

but i'm getting better.

No comments: